Friday, January 29, 2010

So I'm playing a gig tomorrow...

...and needed to buy some new bass strings. So yesterday I took the strings off of my old Squire and cleaned it up real well. Polished it and everything. Was up at Loma Linda today and went to the Guitar Center to buy some strings. I ended up buying a set of Fender 7250M bass strings. Got home, started to put on the "G" string, and my hand slipped, causing me to cut it to short. So, I quickly ran to the local guitar store and bought a single string (Ernie Ball...hate their strings) before Rick closed (a live-saver, Rick is). Drive back home and put it on, only to get a terrible sound.

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

From the nut to the fifth fret, it was buzzing. Not a good sign. I tried to put on the "D" string, figuring I'd play with the "G" later, only to have the damn string snap. So now I have a $25 set of strings, two of which are broken. I have a now worthless $5 Ernie Ball "G" string that I can't use anymore. And I bought a $10 string winder/cutter from Guitar Center for a bass that I can no longer use.

For that price, I could have just left the dead strings on the damn thing and bought a used BOSS Compression bass pedal. That way, I'd have a decent compression pedal for church (the Behringer one I bought is kinda broken), and a bass I could still play at home. Now I have nothing.

Piece of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment