Wednesday, December 29, 2010

First New Poem for Poetry and Stories, vol. 3

Below is the first new poem written for Poetry and Stories, vol. 3 (number 2 is still being worked on by Amazon I'm guessing). This was written starting Christmas night and just finished.

Alone Again
How Ironic


Alone I am once again
Terrible friend I have become
Lovers but once dead of night
Never again can not take back

Time and again I am alone
My own doing usually is
Have I learned from all this
Know I must or alone I'll be

Your parting comment still rings deep
Haunting me in sleepless night
Know it is truth you do speak
Hurts me more than yells and screams

Parting words I wish I had
Tell you my fault it was not
Tell you how it was yours
Strung me along like a fool

Maybe remind you of the time
When that trust first was broken
Remember then I'm sure you do
You yelled at me for helping you

Break apart we started then
Far more distant we became
Six months later it was over
Never again will we speak

Alone you said I would be
My own fault you said it was
Terrible friend I have become
Lovers but once never again

So what have I learned from all this
Can not change the past I know
Try and fix this several times
Never enough it was to late

Was it worth it after all
Knowing you all this time
My innocence with you I lost
Enjoyed it then and now regret

I did not lie to you when
Told you I was falling for you
Maybe that was what did it
Ended it for both of us

Always seemed to hit a wall
Come this closer but no closer
Emotions never given back
Always led to one conclusion

Fake emotions they must have been
Products of that lonely night
Constant reminder of my sins
Committed just to forget

Love you I could never do
Let me love you you did not
Refused to love me from day one
Friends with benefits instead we seemed

Wish those nights had not happened
Wish I had not taken that call
Wish we had crossed that line
Maybe then you'd still be here

Alone forever you said I'd be
My own fault you said it'd be
The truth I know is what you speak
Never a riddle comes from you

Do I care if I'm alone
Don't really know if I do
Seems to change day to day
With the setting of the sun

Loved by someone I so guess
Want to feel once again
Thought that maybe you were her
Seems I was wrong once again

So here I am once again
Alone but for pen and paper
How ironic I find that
Full circle now have I come

Forget you I know I must do
Make it easy I know you will
You say I ignored you all this time
When in truth you were ignoring me

No comments:

Post a Comment