Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Tears of a Left-Handed Man

One of the things about me is that I don't shave my beard. This has led to many comments, most of which jokes because my hair is black, yet my beard grows in red. Anywho, I do cut it using a pair of left-handed/right-handed scissors. The other day, I lent them to my mother (first mistake) and I haven't seen them since. I was going to trim my beard today since tomorrow's Easter and I'm wearing a suit jacket to church for playing. So my dad gave me a pair he found, and showed me they worked.

Only problem...they are right-handed scissors, and I'm left-handed. So what should have been a ten-minute max job, including clean-up, took me damn near an hour to do, if not longer.

In other news, I have not heard back from either of the agents I sent a query letter to. I was hoping for a least a rejection as to why, but there you go. Granted, Folio has till Wednsday and AH&A has till Friday, so there you go.

In other other news, I have once again started on a Valley of the Dead story, this time continuing the one I started in late 2008 in my Creative Writing A class. Between that and Fourteen Days, I should be busy enough. Through in my class, and I'm beyond fucked.

Yeah...I'm so fucked it's not even funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment